Saturday, January 17, 2015

Things you don't know about Lily....

Random thoughts from Lily...


Admission of fact:  I allow him to do things like this to me.  
I can act clueless when I have to...
********

1.     I have been fingerprinted.  You could never guess why.  Not to shoot a gun.  Not because I was in jail.  Nothing to do with a federal building, or my drivers' license.

2.     I LOVE a fire in the fireplace.  Or in a fire pit.  Or in an old stove.  Heck, give me a candle.

3.     I really enjoy makeup and skin care, but I love a day or two when I can stay home and not put on a lick of anything -- other than moisturizer.  Oh, and it must smell delicious.

4.     You may already know this.  I really enjoy iced tea.  Don't put anything in it, please.  Have you heard about the germs on lemons?  Forget the spoon.  I don't do sweet tea.  I like light fruit or island flavored (very lightly) teas.

5.     I love it when I can go somewhere and drive the speed limit.  Thank you for not texting while you drive 5 m.p.h. in front of me.  Thank you for not talking on the phone and sitting at a 4 way stop with no idea that everyone is waiting on you.  No need to break any rules, just would like to get there, please.

6.     A reconciled checkbook on the first try always gets a certain prayer of thanks.  Numbers aren't really my thing, so the less snags the better.  Love it when that happens.  Always a miracle.

7.     I have a soft place in my heart for cattle dogs.  We have had at least one of each kind, and they are so sweet.  They are precious to kids, they are so eager to please -- they are awesome puppies if you ever get the chance to raise one.  Chief is an excellent dog trainer.  Our latest cattle dog, an Australian Shepherd, is so sweet and she obeys so well, we have recently let her start spending the evenings in the house.  She goes to her "place" -- two rugs, she knows which ones.  And we don't hear a peep out of her.  She just wants to be where we are.  And happily she spends nights in the garage.

8.     Flashlight fetish.  Kinda weird, but I love and collect flashlights.  Medium to small flashlights.  My family makes so much fun of me.

9.      I defend Chief when people make fun of him for taking a snack to the shower every night.   Seriously.  Who cares?  It's funny.

10.    I absolutely love my Dad's book recommendations.  And my sister's.  And my sister-in-law's.  Dad is a speed reader, so he leaves me in the dust, but I am considering a speed reading course... might actually need it.
Share/Bookmark