Very soon, I am leaving. Part medical mission trip and part vacation. Heck, it's all vacation. I went last year on this same mission trip. It's with a group of physicians and nurses from Kansas City and a few miscellaneous non-medical personnel, like me. Either they don't know I am missing the medical background, or they want me there to provide comic relief. Last year was such a great time, meeting so many new friends and learning so many interesting things. Did I say we were going to the Philippines?
This year, I will be posting on the blog again. Not sure when we will have great internet, or even adequate internet. A couple of different options will be pursued. On Facebook, the group's page is one place I have been asked to update as often as possible. The assumption of internet availability is loosely taken seriously. You just never know.
Now here is our fearless leader, Lillian. Dr. Lillian. She rocks. She takes care of every tiny detail. No stone is left unturned. She has already been in touch with us after arriving over the weekend. There are some roads that are impassable, and our group has already been re-routed. She is a firecracker.
And here are a few more of the hard working crew. I think we took a load off while we were waiting for a door to get unlocked. Doesn't matter if you are at Walmart in the United States, or in a hospital in the Philippines, sometimes you just have to be patient and wait.
Can't wait to see everyone! Several of our group cannot come this year. I am disappointed about that, but I know that we will soon be reconnecting and catching up with one another. Can't wait!





