This is nothing unusual. "It's just another day." I've heard it for over 30 years. Okay, maybe 35. And when you reverse 35, that's what he is celebrating. I have figured out to let him have his way. After all, it is his birthday; why shouldn't he do what he wants. Here's what he wants. To work. I may have said it before, but I'll say it again. The guy loves to work. He can't sit still. Except for this picture.
In a pinch, I was unable to locate the "cattle working" pictures from years past. This is an event that is scheduled months in advance. That's what is happening at the ranch this weekend. The baby calves are processed and immunized -- I probably better be vague in case PETA, or their friends, read my blog.
This is one of my favorite pictures of his everyday boots and spurs.
He has had a fun year. I have begged him to travel, and he has... some of the time. Crazy things have happened. We've been to Kansas City a couple of times, and one trip we ran into my college roommate walking down the street! She was the Maid of Honor at our wedding. She doesn't live in Kansas City; she lives in our state, too.
Very coincidental to run into her on an out of town trip.
It wasn't hard to convince him to leave town with one of his best friends.
When we visited the kids in the Netherlands over Christmas, Chief took off on a bike ride to check out the city. His internal compass was the only map he had. That, and he said he always kept his eye on the big church in the middle of the town square. He left in broad daylight, a phone, but not all that helpful without the kids' digits... and he didn't come back for almost 3 hours, and it was nearly dark.
He said he had a great time.
I have to let this guy do his own thing.
Wherever he vacations, he strategically picks what hats to take. Reppin the Ramey Seed Company in the islands. Who needs corn seed over there?
Doesn't matter -- it's always an ice breaker.
Sometimes you have to throw a picture in just because the background matches what you are wearing. I am so obnoxious with a camera.
Cheers to you, Cowboy! Hope your birthday is great!






