If you know me, you probably know my news about us becoming grandparents. What you may not know is that my new favorite color is..... PINK! Oh. My. Gosh. I hope those kids aren't messing with me. I am way too fired up. Someone told Mike the other day, a new grandpa himself, that we were in for some expensive fun. Heck, I am more worried about fixing her hair!
The new parents told me that baby girls could wear colors other than pink. Duly noted.
I found out that the new Pantone color of the year for 2014 is some shade of orchid. Hey, I'm good with that. I think variations of orchid are very flexible in clothing as well as decor. Of course, the shopping commenced. I'm not not overboard at this point, I'm overwhelmed.
I've never shopped for a girl before. Baby boys wear jeans or khakis if they aren't wearing a onesie. No accessories, socks don't exactly have to match, and they certainly didn't have ruffles. I am beyond rookie-ness as far as this is concerned. May have to call out for help.
I jumped in a Petit Bateau today. Oops. Darling 4 piece outfit. Should have taken a picture, because I left it there. Precious sweater, turtleneck, leggings, and skirt - shoes not even suggested or shown -- when I picked up the price tag, and the sweater alone was the equivalent of $112, sorry, Sheena, I had to leave it there. A $500 outfit for a child who can't walk? I was all in, but bad grandpa put the brakes on it. Kidding. About the grandpa, not about the price. Would have made a great picture, but I'm thinking college may be more critical in the long run. I am trying my best to be reasonable. Not sure how long I will be able to show restraint. Just sayin.
The best kind of trouble is headed my way. Bet I can handle it. :)
The new parents told me that baby girls could wear colors other than pink. Duly noted.
I found out that the new Pantone color of the year for 2014 is some shade of orchid. Hey, I'm good with that. I think variations of orchid are very flexible in clothing as well as decor. Of course, the shopping commenced. I'm not not overboard at this point, I'm overwhelmed.
I've never shopped for a girl before. Baby boys wear jeans or khakis if they aren't wearing a onesie. No accessories, socks don't exactly have to match, and they certainly didn't have ruffles. I am beyond rookie-ness as far as this is concerned. May have to call out for help.
I jumped in a Petit Bateau today. Oops. Darling 4 piece outfit. Should have taken a picture, because I left it there. Precious sweater, turtleneck, leggings, and skirt - shoes not even suggested or shown -- when I picked up the price tag, and the sweater alone was the equivalent of $112, sorry, Sheena, I had to leave it there. A $500 outfit for a child who can't walk? I was all in, but bad grandpa put the brakes on it. Kidding. About the grandpa, not about the price. Would have made a great picture, but I'm thinking college may be more critical in the long run. I am trying my best to be reasonable. Not sure how long I will be able to show restraint. Just sayin.
The best kind of trouble is headed my way. Bet I can handle it. :)




